Cadillac ATS Coupe, 2015
The Cadillac introduced the all-new 2015 ATS Coupe, a quicker and more personal addition to the award-winning ATS product line. Designed to be lighter, more agile and more engaging than its competitors, it extends Cadillac's product-driven growth and the brand's tradition of dynamic luxury Coupes.
Like the sedan, the ATS Coupe's driving dynamics are rooted in mass efficiency, which helps make it one of Cadillac's lightest and most agile models ever - and the lightest car in the compact luxury Coupe segment. The 2.0L Turbo engine is upgraded from the current ATS sport sedan to deliver nearly 14 percent more torque, taking it to 295 lb-ft (400 Nm). This gives the standard ATS Coupe an advantage in power and weight over similarly equipped Coupes such as the BMW 428i.
Greater torque means greater pulling power, for a greater feeling of responsiveness at low speeds, and helps the Cadillac ATS Coupe achieve an estimated 0-60 time of 5.6 seconds.
The elements that contribute to the Cadillac ATS Coupe's balanced performance and responsive characteristics :
- Nearly perfect 50/50 weight balance and low center of gravity
- Five-link independent rear suspension featuring lightweight, high-strength steel and efficient straight link designs
- A multi-link double-pivot MacPherson-strut front suspension with direct-acting stabilizer bar
- Underbody aerodynamic shields
- Premium, belt-driven electric variable-effort steering gear from ZF Steering Systems
- Brembo front brakes
- Eighteen-inch aluminum wheels
- Available all-wheel drive.
A driver-adjustable FE3 sport suspension is available and includes Magnetic Ride Control, a mechanical limited-slip differential, high-capacity engine cooling system and 18-inch summer-performance tires. Magnetic Ride Control is a real-time damping system that delivers more precise body motion control. It "reads" the road and can change damping every millisecond.
The 2015 ATS Coupe rides on the same 109.3-inch (2,775 mm) wheelbase as the sedan, but features its own bodywork. The roof, doors, rear fenders and trunk lid are unique to the Coupe, along with a specific front fascia and front fenders that accommodate a wider track than the sedan. It is also the first production model to wear Cadillac's revised crest.
The Coupe also has an aggressive stance, with wider front/rear tracks than the sedan, enhanced by short overhangs and sheet metal that wrap tautly around the tires. Standard 18-inch wheels are exclusive to the Coupe.
Bold lighting elements are a Cadillac signature feature and the Cadillac ATS Coupe advances that tradition with available light-emitting diode, or LED, headlamps with Adaptive Forward Lighting. Base models feature projector-beam headlamps, while high-intensity-discharge headlamps and front vertical LED light signatures are included on all but the standard model. Illuminating outside door handles on Performance and Premium collections lend technologically advanced style and function to the distinctive Coupe. All models feature LED taillamps and rear-center stop lamp.
The ATS Coupe also includes capless fueling.
Inside, the sedan's driver-focused cabin carries over to the Coupe, featuring handcrafted cut-and-sewn upholstered interior combinations, decorative stitching and authentic materials, including leather, aluminum, carbon fiber and wood, intended to enhance the emotional connection to the driving experience.
- On Star 4G LTE connectivity with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity with natural voice recognition
- Text-to-voice that converts incoming text messages to speech and reads them over the audio system speakers
- USB, auxiliary and SD memory card ports
- Sirius XM Satellite Radio with three-month trial subscription
- Reconfigurable 5.7-inch, three-window instrument panel cluster display
- Full-color reconfigurable head-up display.